logo studio international
Published 04/03/2003 email E-MAIL print PRINT

Before his death from cancer earlier this year at the age of 81, Gianni Agnelli had seen to fruition the donation of his collection for permanent display in Turin. The venue is a 13 million building by Renzo Piano. The building stands overlooking the famous test track, the Lingotto, made famous by Fiat. The collection contains seven Matisse works, a Renoir, a Manet and a Modigliani. There is also Giacomo Balla's ‘Abstract Speed’, which eulogises the car. From the 18th century, there are six views of Venice by Canaletto, as well as Tiepolo's ‘Halberdier in a Landscape’ (the other half of which is in the National Gallery of Scotland, Edinburgh).



studio international logo
Copyright © 1893–2017 Studio International Foundation.

The title Studio International is the property of
the Studio Trust and, together with the content,
are bound by copyright. All rights reserved.
studio international cover 1894
Home About Studio
Archive Yearbooks
Interviews Contributors
Video Contact us
twitter facebook RSS feed instagram

Studio International is published by:
Studio Trust, PO Box 1545, New York, NY
10021-0043, USA